- Provides Hospice nursing services, treatment, diagnostic, supportive and palliative care for the terminally ill.
- Provides services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, in accordance with the plan of treatment signed by the physician.
- Develops and implements the patients’ hospice nursing care plan.
- Evaluates, and regularly reevaluates, the nursing needs of the hospice patient. Initiates, develops, implements, and recommends necessary revisions to the patient’s plan of care.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and/or appropriate health professionals as often as needed, or upon changes in the patient’s condition.
- Coordinates the total plan of care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with other health professionals.
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse license
- Current and unrestricted Driver’s License
- Minimum of one year general nursing experience preferred
- Experience with pain and symptom management
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- RN (Preferred)